TÄMÄN ASIAKASKOKEMUKSEN ON TUOTTANUT PUOLUEETTOMASTI TRUSTMARY FINLAND OY.Lue lisää
Kortepohja is a vibrant student village in Jyväskylä, Central Finland. It is owned by the Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä, and the area attracts students from all over the world. One of them is Duc Le Pham, who studies Computer Science at the University of Jyväskylä and lives here with his girlfriend.
– I think this restaurant has the best interior design in Jyväskylä. It was renovated and reopened last year, Duc Le Pham says with a smile on his face.
It is lunchtime, and laughter and happy voices fill the air. We are currently at Rentukka, at the heart of the Student Village Kortepohja, where Duc has been living for almost two years.
– We were looking for an apartment close to university, and we now have a studio with a modern kitchen and a nice balcony. There’s also underfloor heating in the bathroom, Duc explains.
The Student Union offers a wide range of apartments for the needs of students and families in Kortepohja. An internet connection, home insurance, water and electricity are all included in the rent.
“There is no criminality here.”
– Living in Kortepohja is quite nice, and it is a very safe neighborhood. There is no criminality here, Duc tells.
The area is not only safe but also suitable for outdoor activities or meeting friends.
– It is large enough so that you can roller-skate or take a walk, Duc adds.
– The location is great, and you can basically get everything you need from the grocery stores and restaurants nearby, Duc explains.
Student village tenants have access to the free-of-charge gym at Rentukka, and they can also study in quiet learning spaces or use the group work rooms, to name a few examples. And sometimes it is nice to take a bus to the city center and go shopping or visit different parts of the city.
Duc smiles when he sums up his experience of living in Kortepohja.
– The Student Village is very nice, beautiful and peaceful.