TÄMÄN ASIAKASKOKEMUKSEN ON TUOTTANUT PUOLUEETTOMASTI KOKEMUKSIA.FILue lisää
Wisehockey is a new kind of innovation that has been specifically developed to enhance the game of ice hockey. Everyone associated with the sport will benefit from it, whether it’s the players, coaches or audiences.
The basic idea is simple. The puck and all the players are equipped with a small Bluetooth tag. Those tags are then tracked, and a virtual model is built based on that information. The system is able to measure thousands of different things in real-time.
– We wanted to create a platform-level solution that would serve not only the coaches and players but also wide audiences, says Miska Kuusisto, who is the Head of Sales at Wisehockey.
Ice hockey as a sport sets extreme requirements for the system. The tracker in the puck needs to be able to withstand a hit to the goalpost at a speed of up to 150 kilometers per hour. Every second, the players need to be tracked dozens of times and the puck needs to be tracked hundreds of times. The system fulfills these requirements easily.
– The system is very accurate down to a few centimeters. In addition to the positioning, the system is also a gateway to other types of sensor data. For example, we can get track the players’ heart rate, says Kimmo Kalliola, The CEO of Quuppa. Quuppa has provided the technology that powers Wisehockey.
“We can build the ultimate fan experience and also equip our teams with new kinds of professional tools. We’re probably able to generate new revenue streams that we don’t even know yet.”
In ice hockey, the fan experience comes first. This is why Wisehockey is such an important addition to the Finnish Elite League, as it allows for totally new kind of information to be displayed on TV broadcasts as well as on jumbotrons.
– We can build the ultimate fan experience and also equip our teams with new kinds of professional tools. We’re probably able to generate new revenue streams that we don’t even know yet, says Antti-Jussi Aro, who is the Chief Digital Officer of Finnish Elite League.
Betting is another aspect that will see whole new kinds of opportunities.
– In the short term, we can improve our capabilities of calculating odds and we can also create new bet types. In the long run, we can hopefully develop totally new kinds of products for betting, Says Sami Kauhanen, who is the Vice President of Betting at Veikkaus, which is a betting company owned entirely by the Finnish State.
– I would consider Wisehockey to improve the customer experience as a whole. We’re really excited about this project and really looking forward to gathering all the data from all the games in Finnish Elite League, he concludes.